08 Rogue vibration after replacing suspension

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
mattadams
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue AWD

Hello All,

After replacing several suspension parts I've developed a serious vibration at take off. It dwindles with speed but is awful at take off and very bad at left turns at low speed. Does this sound like a CVT issue?
Last edited by Rogue One on Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

itsa300zx
Car: 1990 300zx NA W/TT swap
2011 Nissan Rouge S
2008 Highlander SR5

Did it vibrate before the suspension parts replacement?
What parts did you change?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

mattadams wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:21 pm
After replacing several suspension parts ive developed a serious vibration at take off. it dwindles with speed but is awful at take off and very bad at left turns at low speed. Does this sound like a cvt issue?
When a new problem develops immediately after fixing an old one, dollars to donuts says it's something you touched, although not necessarily the things you replaced. Check your work before looking at anything new, including everything you took loose, not just the new parts. The fact that it's worse in left turns means it's almost certainly axle, hub, or wheel-related. Unless you managed to trash the differential somehow, it won't be the tranny.

mattadams

itsa300zx wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:15 pm
Did it vibrate before the suspension parts replacement?
What parts did you change?
No vibration prior.
Passenger lower control arm w/ ball joint, both side sway bar links, pass side hub assembly, both from struts.

mattadams

Also changed pass CV axle.
I will change drivers axle to see if that fixes it. Checked my work, nothing loose, all solid.

I get no slippage at all in the tranny, no leaks, no burned smell, no noises.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

What you describe sounds like a binding CV, maybe you got a crappy one. I'd put both wheels up, give it a spin and see if you get clunky behavior.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Did you buy a cheap quick strut? Sometimes that might be the reason which is why I never updated mine after nearly 13 years because I'm afraid it would vibrate or give a crappy ride.

I usually drive like a Sunday driving grandma over speed bumps, dips, and tables. So when I actually drive over a curb by mistake, I get really upset with myself. :bang

This is why my suspension gets a long life. Only changed my crossarms a few years ago, and rear shocks a long time ago. Everything original and runs smooth. :dblthumb:

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Forgot about the front axles. Original OEM right side but boots changed and I placed a high angle boot there last year.

The left axle is a new OEM I also got last year because I messed up my boot repair that I did myself because I tried over stretching it. :whistle:

Also heard 3rd party axles could cause vibration if it’s out of spec in measurement at even the slightest way from OEM. :gotme

mattadams

yes i installed cheap quick struts but still have the oem's i will do drivers cv axl this weekend. ill keep all posted, ty all

mattadams

could this issue be the front final drive in tranny?

mattadams

a mechanic who knows his s*** says its the final drive but he isnt a cvt expert, he states when car jacked up one side at a time and spin the front wheel he can see the tranny jump up and down ,observed on both sides.

160k on this motor and tranny, need advise from cvt expert please.

matt

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Let's solve one problem at a time. Once you've done all the work on the suspension, you can then determine if that was the issue. If you still feel like the there's a problem with your CVT then please create a new topic for that issue.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

mattadams wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:08 am
a mechanic who knows his s*** says its the final drive but he isnt a cvt expert, he states when car jacked up one side at a time and spin the front wheel he can see the tranny jump up and down ,observed on both sides.

The final drives on RE0F10's fail once in a blue moon. I'll repeat what I said earlier. When a new problem develops immediately after fixing an old one, dollars to donuts says it's something you touched, although not necessarily the things you replaced. You did touch the final drive so it's possible you damaged it, but it's very unlikely the problem is anywhere north of that.

mattadams

VStar650CL wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:11 am
mattadams wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:08 am

The final drives on RE0F10's fail once in a blue moon. I'll repeat what I said earlier. When a new problem develops immediately after fixing an old one, dollars to donuts says it's something you touched, although not necessarily the things you replaced. You did touch the final drive so it's possible you damaged it, but it's very unlikely the problem is anywhere north of that.
thank you for your post.....when i did the passengers side cv axel, it went very smooth, removed and replaced without incident especially being the long shaft with the support bracket bearing. with that said, this issue occurred before i did that cv axle it was my guess to replace that in hopes it was the cause, so ill step back some...after i did the struts i heard a clunk, then the massive vibration started, both struts are secure and tight.
I very much appreciate all your input and advice. from all.

Return to “Rogue Forum”