08 Rogue AWD-CVT Slipping

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
MFTalbert
Car: Nissan Rogue 2008

Hey all,

I bought an AWD 08 Rogue with 151,000 miles about a month ago.The issues that are surfacing are:
High rpm's with light acceleration in 1st to 2nd gear (3,000 - 4,0000 rpms).
Intermittent trouble maintaining highway speed without occasionally needing to rev to 4,000 - 5,000 rpm's.
Shutters while braking in drive at stop lights.
Trips over an hour at highway speeds CVT overheats.
I took to get diagnosed today at a professional shop, and they estimated around $2,400 - $3,600 in repairs. They reported that the pressure is off in the torque converter. Here are the codes that came up:
P0744- A/T TCC S/V function (lock-up)
P1701- TCM power supply
P0868- Secondary Pressure down
The last transmission flush I am aware of by previous owner was at around 88,000 miles.
I'm hoping a 3X3 flush could help the transmission function better, for at least a while, what do you think?
Also, has anyone tried Bar's Leaks CVT Transmission Fix before?
I'm really hoping that there's is something I can do myself to keep it functioning and on the road for at least 50,000 more miles without having to dump a fortune into it.
I'm able to do basic maintenance myself, such as 3X3, home AT power flush through radiator, ect.
I don't have any experience taking apart a transmission.

I apologize if this question has come up before in a different threat, as I'm still new to this site.
Any ideas or advise would be most appreciated.
Thanks

worldbikr
Car: na

You are due for a fluid change anyway. Give that a try. Wal-Mart cvt has worked fine for me.

rowlands57

When my 2010 started with the same issues around 115K miles I did the fluid and added a transmisison cooler. It did buy me another 45K miles before it finally gave up.

Return to “Rogue Forum”