08 qx56 rear suspension height control issue

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
Mcgreenwood69
Car: 2008 Infiniti QX56

Ive been trying to figure this issue out and have run through all the diags on the suspension control unit. This is what I know

I had my infiniti into the dealer and had new air bags installed. Dealer said the compressor was not working so I installed a new compressor, height sensor and replaced the relays.

Testing reveals the following.

Testing relay 130 I have batter power and ground.
Testing relay 131 I don't get any battery power out of pin 5. I've checked the fuses and their fine.
Checking the connector at he compressor I have ground but no power. I know pin 3 at 131 and pin 4 on the compressor connector are a circuit but I'd like to know where pin 5 goes to and troubleshoot from there.

I can bypass the connector and power the compressor directly but would prefer the SCU do it.

From the wiring diagrams I cannot tell if the loss of battery power to pin 5 is caused by the SCU. The diags say to replace a fuse or fix the connector. I've checked the fuses and their fine and can't see any other issue. I've not done a continuity test between the relay connector and the SCU yet but it's next on my list.

Is there anything else I should check before I get into the interior? Is there a more detailed wiring diagram that shows the SCU in relation to relay E131? I'm guessing the SCU is at fault but I want to be sure before I purchase another one and go through the hassle of removing and replacing it.

Thanks in advance.

Mcgreenwood69
Car: 2008 Infiniti QX56

Problem solved. 30 amp fusible link was blown. After replacing everything else once the fuse was changed the compressor kicks on. Hopefully I won't have to take it into the shop to re initialize the SCU but let's see what happens and I'll go from there.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”