'08 Playing Rear DVD on Front Nav Screen

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

I came across this, sounds like it might be something many of us have been waiting for.......

I imagine that the wiring runs some place. But I would guess it would be impossible to find. All of the wires run into one harness that disappears into the black hole. Taking the center dezel off is super easy.

The black pocket with the aux and power outlets. that pops right out toward you. then all you have is 4- 8mm screw/bolts holding the radio in. 2 of them are looking right at you. 2 of them are directly above at a 45 degree angle. Once you have those out, the whole silver bezel with everything attached will pull forward very easily. put your shifter into 1st gear, lay a towel down on the center console and set the radio bezel on the towel. you have plenty of room to work behind the radio. the 40 pin plug is toward the top pass. side. Just count the pins in. you will see the white/red wire for speed sense. Right next to it is the "gr/r" wire, which on mine was actually solid green. Testing with the multi meter verified the pin location was correct. To make this work you need to... Openthe wht/r wire (pin 82) and Ground the gr/r or "green" wire (pin 80)

From here you can do this a number of ways, you can get a couple relays, or 2 switches, or one fancy DPDT (dual pole, dual throw) (Radio Shack). Actually if you get the DPDT you dont need diodes or relays or anything. I just dont like how the switch looks. I used a round LED rocker switch with 2 relays and a diode. and that works great. I wire 12volt for a living so that helps.....

If you need more specific info send me a PM. I have been playing with mine since yesterday and it works great. There is about a 30 sec. delay for the nav. after you turn the switch off. But after it sees the speed sense again it jumps to your current location.

Let me know when anyone completes this mod! Sounds like a terrific find!

keg97
Car: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2004 Acura TSX

way beyond my very limited technical abilities!

Timmbo

LOL, yeah, I sort of feel the same way, I know I could handle it, but it would take some time, and with a 16-month old son, being busy as hell at work, and trying to find time to spend with my wife, it probably isn't a great idea at the moment.

Car: 08 Nissan Armada

will this work on a Non-Nav DVD system.......

Timmbo

Yes, it should work the same way.

GrillAg98

Where's the link with the details?

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”