08 G35 Throttle Body Cleaning Issue

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Tmoore006
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35XS

Just curious, I cleaned my throttle bodies in my 08 g35xs about 6 months ago and followed a majority of the proper procedures. Disconnected negative terminal and had no trouble popping each TB off. I did not disconnect the harness or vac lines. I used carb cleaner, mistake number 1, and through the process of cleaning them I moved the plates slightly with my fingers, mistake 2. All said and done it seemed to have fixed my problem of sometimes rough cold starts. Also, after i have a perfect and steady idle around 600rpms. Although my problem is that the car almost seems slightly jumpy, for instance if I take my foot all the way of the gas, and don't completely baby it, it has a very slight delay before matching speed which results in a very light thump, hesitation, whatever you want to call it. Almost feels like the lock up at which happens at different speeds, excuse my ignorance. It happens mostly when going slower than 40, happens a lot in highway traffic. Not sure if me, moving the plates, cased it to go slightly out of calibration. It has been months since i cleaned them but i can definitely trace this issue back to the TB's. I just cleaned my MAF's and it seemed to make it slightly better. Could this be a instance where ECU reset and Relearn processes are necessary, or the infamous CC ECU re-flash? In regards to the relearning processes do I have to reset the ECU before performing them, and how does it work with a keyless vehicle.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”