08 EX35 dead even when hooked to jumper cable

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
MJF08EX35
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35

My 2008 x35 started a few days ago just fine but then battery was low and I was able to jumpstart yesterday but today had absolutely no power of any kind for lights or anything when I tried to jumpstart it I still had no electrical power anywhere is there a main computer fuse blown or is something else

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

MJF,

sorry to hear of your troubles.

Please be just a tad more specific in the problem description so our experts ( which is not me) can give you the best feedback.
-When you jumpstarted it yesterday where you able to drive it some distance?
- When you jumped it today. do you mean it didn't start or showed no lights internal at all?
- Where u unable to start at first, when connected to the jumper cable? Or that is did not stay running?
- When u connected the cables, from the other battery was the other vehicle running? Or you had a stand alone jump pack?

And while I am not one of the resident experts it does appear you may have blown a fuse or worse, it is easy to make an error in order of connection for a jumpstart or grounding incorrectly.
But I reserve judgment until some more details emerge.

macgiver

A mistaken reverse connected jump will give these symptoms , where one or more fusible links blows,unfortunately . More info may help of course. Remembering accurately step by step what has occurred in each and every move you have made .

MJF08EX35

The day before the car was completely dead with no lights or any electrical items functions. I connected the jumper cables and made sure positive to positive and neg to ground and immediately the convenient lights came on and car started right up and I let it run for several minutes and everything worked fine but door locks acted funny locking on its own after I unlocked it. Next day the car was completely dead again and when i hooked up the jumper cables I could not get the convenience lights to come on when i opened the door. Car would not start and no electrical worked. Suggestions? Did I blow a main fuse somewhere?

macgiver

Time for DC voltmeter checks of battery disconnected , then connect and measure at posts / along the cables. Then do 12Vdc " test lamp " for light on BOTH sides of ALL fuses , 1st , testlamp in ' off ', then testlamp them again in the ' run ' ignition position .
But a noticeable spark when reconnecting the battery ( full recharged ) sorta shows somethings "ON" and killing it overnight . Seeing those DC amps / milliamps is next needed test between neg. cable and Batt. neg.whilst they are temporarily separated just for this test.

MJF08EX35

Thanks for the help. Will get into this weekend and let you know what happens,.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”