08 Armada No Crank after flexplate replace

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
vmullane
Car: 2008 Nissan Armada SE
1993 Nisan 240SX

Hello all,

Have an 08 Armada. The starter went out about 6 months ago. Replaced it and worked except for I saw some damaged teeth on the flex plate. Manually turned engine to good spot anytime I needed to start it. Didn't drive it more than twice a month. Fast forward to two weeks ago. Drained the tranny, pulled drive shaft and cross member, disconnected rear o2 sensors, disconnected tranny connector on passenger side. Disconnected shift cable, cooler lines, and dipstick tube. Removed Flex plate to torque converter bolts and then bell housing bolts. Had to stop for the day and then was not able to get back to it due to work until yesterday(2 weeks from starting). Slid tranny back and replaced flexplate. Put trans back in place and tightened bell housing bolts. tightened flex plate to torque converter bolts. Reconnected o2 sensors and trans connector. connected cooler lines and shift cable. cross member and drive shaft back in. Double checked everything then filled back up with fluid.

Now I'm getting nothing out of the starter. The only thing i did to the starter was inspect the drive gear which looked okay. I try to start it and nothing. Starter doesn't turn. Connected my scan tool (Innove 3160d) and get DTC U1000, I select OEm Enhanced and get DTC U1000 & U1001, and no other DTCs

Checked battery voltage and was low 10.4v so I attempted to jumpstart it. Still no dice. Got a new battery just making sure it was supplying proper voltage. Same result.

Would the TCM or ECM have been damaged by me not disconnecting the battery While removing the transmission? Also any way to check CAN communication between TCM and ECM without consult-III?

My diagnosis is that there is a lack of communication between the 2 or the TCM or ECM is damaged.

Someone please give me some insight that may help. I cannot not reference the FSM as the hardrive I had it saved to was damaged and they are no longer up.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”