08 350z won't start after rebuild

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
Drdave2387
Car: 08 350z twin turbo

I have a twin turbo 350z that I've recently rebuilt and had it running but noticed the flywheel was out of line so took tranny out and took dowl pin out of my old crankshaft and put it in my new crank because it didn't have one and on my jwt flywheel the dowl hole for maxima was cemented so couldn't be positioned wrong and car ran fine before but now won't even hit at all...there's no rpm registering on tachometer but when I pull up my Ecu software I get intermittent signal going from 0 to 210 then back to zero ever 0.0025ms...just installed new crank sensor 20 mins ago and still doing this...any other ideas what it could be??? Thanks

the converted
Car: 99 M3 6.0l
88 Celica All-Trac (somewhere in Cali)
2020 Taco

There's a page on verifying the flywheel position on JWT. I'd double check that first. When I was having issues with my Maxima's crank sensor it would eventually run after cranking for about 10 sec and give me no tach signal while running. If you do that, you should be able to get it to give you a code.

Drdave2387
Car: 08 350z twin turbo

Well the flywheel wasn't right at first because I didn't have the dowl pin innmy new crankshaft which is why I took it all out and put the new dowl pin in the crankshaft and there is only 1 dowl hole on my JWT flywheel because the maxima hole has been cemented so that the dowl can possibly be in wrong hole...so I know it's on there according to JWT specs and it is in the correct position...I'm starting to lean towards a software/firmware issue from where my computer crashed...second guess was maybe the wiring but we've checked it and it's all good and connected solidly and the pins on the connectors are in great shape...

the converted
Car: 99 M3 6.0l
88 Celica All-Trac (somewhere in Cali)
2020 Taco

What are you using for engine management?

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”