07 Z HR Stumble after gallery gasket job

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
cforsyth0
Car: 2007 Nissan 350Z
2008 Infiniti G35

Hello everyone, this is my first post here at Nicoclub! I've heard great things about this site and the community.
As you can see in the title, I have a 2007 350z. Gallery gaskets went. I replaced them along with the water pump, chain tensioner, and chain guides. After the job, the car runs great. Smoother than it was before. However, I have noticed it has a stumble at about 1100-1500 RPM. Its like a hitch in the motor, where the power cuts and revs fall for a second before it catches up and revs past the stumble. I've tried all three throttle relearns as well as the exhaust valve timing relearn. Though I'm not sure I did any of them right, none seemed to have an effect. Car threw a P1238 ETC code, I unplugged the battery and it hasn't come back in a couple of hours of driving. If anyone has experienced a stumble like this, any guidance would be appreciated. I feel like I'm running in circles chasing this issue down.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”