07 Stock Stereo Single CD - MP3 CD ?????

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
jayvader
Car: 07 Versa

Hi all.. bought an 07 Black Versa S about a month ago. Great car for everyday driving and commuting. Tinted the windows so far and hope to replace stereo and speakers in the coming month.

In the meantime however - I was under the impression the stereo could play mp3 cd's. I've tried 3 different times now and the stereo just see's a 1 track cd with nothing on it. I've used Nero, CD Burner XP and Windows burning engine.. All 3 just creating a data cd with mp3 files in the root of the cd.. Nothing.

Is this stock stereo supposed to play mp3 cd's? If so what the heck am I doing wrong?

Thanks!Jay

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

I believe only the 6 disc changer has the MP3 capabilities. Mine actually has the MP3 logo on the top above the CD load slot.

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Biggie is correct.

The stereo in the S is an AM/FM/CD only.

The stereo in the SL is an AM/FM/6-disc CD changer with MP3 capability and an auxiliary jack.

It's a fairly common upgrade for an S owner to wait until an SL owner upgrades their stereo, then they buy it and put it in since it's a direct plug-in affair.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”