07 m45 sport -- best aftermarket security system?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
vhilts

I'm interested in getting a security system put in my m45..any suggestions as to what's the best ou there for the m45? also, what is the general feeling about how well the stock security/immobilizer system works?

tks

virg

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

vhilts wrote:I'm interested in getting a security system put in my m45..any suggestions as to what's the best ou there for the m45? also, what is the general feeling about how well the stock security/immobilizer system works?
There is no perfect security system for any car, unfortunately. Various layered protection schemes are probably the best, but they are no guarantees.

My recommendation would be:

1. First line of defence: the built-in security system. I do not know how well they do work, but it is better than nothing. This can be "disabled" by the expert thieves who roll up in flat-bed trucks and tow the car.

2. Hidden fuel kill switch. This is one of those timer switches that need to be pressed after the car is started, or it can only be driven a few yards before the fuel "empties" and the car stops. Thieves do not like to hang around in disabled cars.

3. After-market tracking system to locate the stolen car. Not the first-gen LoJack (this one is pretty useless once the car is gone for any length of time), but the second-gen products. Like the Clifford Viper GPS and others of that ilk. See http://www.directed.com (I think that is the web site) for more information.

The company I work for runs a North American network for theft tracking systems and our product customers (like the Clifford Viper GPS and others) have been remarkably successful. Lots of broken car-theft rings and car recovery stories ... .

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”