07 M45 Misfire, Rough Idle, Stalls

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
milto0n
Car: Infiniti M45S

Hello folks,

I'm scratching my head at this issue that seems to have appeared out of nowhere. Originally, I observed a small misfire from time to time that was most noticeable during idle. Then after a couple days of driving, the misfire seemed to get more and more aggressive. I would let the vehicle idle in the driveway and then it would start idling really bad until the point of stalling. I could get the car to turn on again but it would shortly thereafter run rough and stall again. The only code it ever throws is P0300 for random misfire. Another thing I noticed is that when the vehicle cranks and doesn't immediately turn over, if I start hitting the gas pedal the car will actually turn on start idling before running rough again. I haven't gone too deep in the diagnostics at this point since we've had a miserably hot summer in Arizona this year but so far I have done the following:

I disconnected each coil pack one by one to identify a cylinder of concern (couldn't confirm one but I have a spare new Hitachi coil pack on the side in case I need it)
New spark plugs within the past 8,000 miles (NGK, the most expensive ones)
OEM replacement crank/cam sensor (I first swapped the crank sensor with new, no changes. Then I swapped the cam sensor with the new one, no changes).
I hooked up an OBD2 live data scanner a while back and if memory serves right, I was running lean on my Short Term Fuel Trims on both banks.

I might just have the car towed to a dealership for diagnosis but I figure i'd ask here before throwing in the towel. Any help is appreciated.

macgiver

Try MAF cleaner

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Sounds like maybe a vacuum leak. Does the STFT drop to near normal when you raise the RPM's? If so, start sniffing for a leak.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”