07 M45. Anyone replace their power steering pressure hose?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
adespain
Car: 2007 infiniti m45

My 07 m45 power steering line has a pretty significant leak from the high pressure hose. Has anyone else replaced it before? It seems labor intensive if I have to disconnect it from the steering rack. Also, does anyone have a used one? I really don't want to pay $300+ for a new one, but I supposed I may have to.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I can't say, being here so many years, that this is a high-frequency repair. I don't recall seeing any posts about such a job.

EdBwoy

It's not all that bad to replace. There is a banjo connection onto the pump and a compression fitting on the other end of the loop (under the PS pump/close to the PS pressure sensor)
Tools:
- big socket, u-joint, extensions, breaker bar/ratchet for the banjo
- flare wrench for the compression fitting. An open-end wrench or vise grips could work, but like brake lines, very likely to strip without the flare wrench.

adespain

Thanks for the pictures and responses. It's definitely that hose leaking because I got under the car and saw the fluid leaking from the where the rubber hose is crimped to the metal line by the banjo bolt. I'll get it pulled off Monday and take it to the hydraulic line place near my house to see if they can repair it.

LLSmoovE
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35X

I just replaced mine 2 sundays ago actually. Its funny because I checked to see if anyone knew here and not too many ppl did. But I just watched whatever videos I could and traced the line. The most difficult part is the extra assembly line that actually runs to the rack. I only needed to replace the pressure line but because the line I bought actually had the whole assembly I replaced it all. It was difficult trying to run the line under the car to the rack as it isnt the most flexible line but once that was done it was easy. I didnt even think to record or take pictures because it was sort of an emergency but I can definitely provide insight and tips if you want. Let me know and I'll give u my contact info.

85sport
Car: 2009 M45x (totaled)
2015 Q70L 5.6

I am facing this repair soon.

Which part are you using on this? I am only seeing the part available through Infiniti. I do not see Napa/Advance/O'Reilly/etc having anything available.

Is buying through Infiniti my only choice?

2009 M45x.

Thanks.

EdBwoy

adespain wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:31 pm
... I'll get it pulled off Monday and take it to the hydraulic line place near my house to see if they can repair it.
Any updates?

adespain

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to it yet. I have another vehicle, so when I have to drive the M I just check the fluid level and add a bit if needed. I should be able to do it soon

NickelCee
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

I don’t have the tools but how much to get done for whole assembly

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”