07 honda civic si info?

Want to talk about non-Nissan cars? Here's the place!
curtiscr87
Car: 2008 G35 X
2011 Sentra

ok guys so i hate to do this but...... im kinda in a bad finacial situation and so i think im going to get rid of my G35x. i want something cheap but sporty and good on gas. i have owned a nissan/infiniti every since i have been 17 (4 cars) i went to the nissan dealership looked a few things, sentra, altima didnt really like them at all. however i have found a 07 civic si with 57000 miles and it looks good carfax checks out but i have never owned a honda. i have heard they are very good, reliable and cheap to maintain. also when the funds come around it could be nice to upgrade. anyways just wanted some info please. thanks!

Kompresshun
Administrator
Car: 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4, 2017 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab 3.5L Ecoboost/10AT, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad 5AT

Have you looked at the Sentra SE-R? They're quite sporty and good on gas, plus they look good too. The Spec-V comes with a 6-spd manual too, so it's a lot of fun.

I don't know much about the Civic Si, but I haven't heard any complaints about them either. I've driven a couple and they were fun, but I hate the interior layout in them personally.

Have you thought about getting a slightly older Maxima or Infiniti I35? They both get reasonable fuel mileage and still offer some nice luxury at a good price. Also the Acura TSX is another good car to look at that will probably surprise you. I'm not sure how much you're looking to spend, but they're under $15k, and most are around $12-13k.

Also, side note, but you must live in Lexington or somewhere close by the Glenn plate on the front of your G. I bought my I30 from Glenn Automall and we bought our old QX4 from there too. I know a good salesman there if you need someone to help you out!

curtiscr87
Car: 2008 G35 X
2011 Sentra

yeah man i have a dealer up there too that i always deal with, his name is scott k. hes a good guy no b.s. i test drove a few cars up there but nothing i really liked. its hard to compare a car to the g35 but nothing felt close. i test drove a new 11 lancer but the price was close to what im paying now. not worth it to me.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

If I had to step down to an ~'07 compact car, my list would be short:
Mazda 3
Scion tC
Acura RSX

A step down to a midsizer would mean a slightly longer list:
Acura TSX or TL
NIssan Maxima
Mazda 6
Ford Fusion
V6 Malibu ('08 or newer only)
Hyundai Sonata

Muhib
Car: 04 Nissan Maxima SE 6MT Elite Package
90 Nissan Pearl Yellow 300ZX TT

Acura CSX Type S. 6MT, Leather and Navi :)

jsturges18
Car: 1990 240sx hatch - totaled/parts car
1990 240sx hatch - replacement
2005 pt cruiser
2004 350Z

the civic si is a really nice car. i work at a honda dealership and mess around with them all the time. to me they are a bit pricey for what they are. you'll get good fuel economy, reliable, and it is sporty but very slooooooooow. not much to the performance aspect of the car. but you did say upgrading down the road which is easy on these cars.

i saw that ministerofdoom said a mazda3 but what about a mazdaspeed3? they usually go cheap used, 260hp turbocharged 4 cylinder with plenty of torque. and its fwd so bad weather won't bother the car too much. its also a 4door hatchback so its a very practical car. there is also the 4door sedan awd drive version. the mazdaspeed6
an rsx would be a great car! just like the civic in terms of power and reliability. but the are hard to find for a good price in good condition. but very blah on the interior.
why not go for a 350z? I'm sure you can find a 350z cheaper then what the g is costing you.

Datsan
Car: 1985 2WD Nissan 720 Hardbody/Z24

Hondas are alright vehicles. I've owned two so far(92 Accord and 87 Cr-X) and I ran them as hard as I could and they just take it and keep on riding. I've driven a few 06-08 Civic's and I myself don't really like them. But thats also relating me to not liking any vehicle after around say 98(too many electrical parts for me to work on). But they do get rather good gas mileage and do ride out pretty well. Only thing I advise you to do is if you get a honda(unless they've fixed it) take the distributor off of the engine and make a gasket of say Black RTV and then put the distributor back on. All the Honda's i've worked on ended up developing a oil leak at that spot which Honda says is unfixable.

Return to “Others”