07 g35x dash vibration 'normal'??

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
jaykeck
Car: 2007 g35x

Took my 07 g35x in for some service. one of the issues (along with the sunroof tsb and heated seat tsb), was I am hearing a vibration over bumps from the area of the dash that houses the speedometer and tachometer. When they called the next day I was fully expecting to hear them say that they took the car out for a drive but didn't hear the vibration but much to my surprise the said they did hear it....as a matter of fact, they said they then took 2 brand new g35x's out and heard the same thing! Having heard it is 3 out of 3 cars the service department determines that (and I quote directly from the work order) 'console rattle is normal' They suggested I keep a watch out for a future tsb that may cover this and offered no other options. Overall, a very disappointing response from a brand that fancies itself as being on par with bmw, lexus, etc.

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

Sorry to hear that. They try to snowball you. I have no issue with it what so ever. I had issue with the rear window before. I was one of the first one who complained about it same with the grille. They first told me can't hear anything. I pushed themtill they realized there is something wrong. I told them that doesn't belong to the G. You should do the same thing. Tell them you would be upset even if it was a Sunfire not an Infiniti. If they still not fixing it for you you should visit another dealer.

Zozoka

jaykeck

I was one of the first one who complained about it same with the grille. They first told me can't hear anything.

What was the problem with the grill??

And yes, I have already looked where another dealer is. It is about 15 or 20 minutes farther away but I hear they run a first class operation there...with I would have gone there to begin with.

Day # 2 of waiting to hear back from the dealership on what they plan to do about it...

zozoka1212

The grill was chipping after 1K miles. It looked like I was in the war.

It is good since they replaced it for free under warranty. Right now I have about 10k Miles in the car.

Zozoka

jaykeck

Hmmmmm.....mine is chipping too. It chipped right away (I have around 5000 miles now). Was there a TSB or did they just replace it? How is the replacement grill holding up?

zozoka1212

It is perfect since they replaced it. There is no TSB yet I believe. But they are aware of it and change it for you.

Zozoka

Geo180
Car: 2007 G35x

My 07 g35x has 3500 miles and I don't hear any rattling on the dash. I would take it back to the dealer and test drive the other cars with the technician. Maybe they were to lazy to take apart your dash.

Good luck!

zozoka1212

The reason why they don't want to do it, because once you take it a part it is hard to put it together without any rattling. I took one of my cars dash apart years ago. I canged it a bit. I had to take it apart 2 more times because of these weird noises.

zozoka

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”