07 g35 sedan no start completely dead

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
felipes86
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 sedan

we had a lot of rain over the past two days. i got water coming in on passenger side drain plug for the sunroof. it has happened before i thought i fixed it by adding longer hose to piece the dealer only had one piece so i put it on the driver side the hard side. well i got most of the water dry i never had a problem before. i went to start the car and the traction control and abs lights were blinking. i let it run for a few mins. after that i turned the car off and it won't power anything anymore. my control doesn't unlock the door or lock. it's like if it were completely dead. battery is good, the fuses are good, i did disconnect the bcm the top right connecter had about 5 drop of water when i blew them off with air. it's connector with three wires. i saw a relay that pwm relay (next to battery) not sure how to test it but i was going to replace it. any ideas what it could be? what i should test?

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

Yikes! Water is a cruel substance to electrical connectors and components. Fishing a wire rope, like a bicycle brake cable, all the way through the sunroof drain tubes until the cable comes out the other end is a good way of clearing those drain lines. If any of those lines are leaking inside your body panels or the leak you had has saturated any of the numerous wire harnesses and insulation inside the body panels, you need to find the source of the water damage and the cause of it, dry it up completely not just mostly, and then look at dysfunctional electrical issues to test and repair.

felipes86
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 sedan

good news got it all fixed up. never seen that before but now that i think about it haven't really seen a alternator that low in that area. from cars that i have owned or worked on they are usually up top. so short caused battery to go dead. was able to get it charged and tested it turned out good. got alternator and power steering pump on. everything else back together. running like a champ. thanks for the help!

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”