07 FX35 Power Outlet question/problem

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
MrMootsie
Car: 2007 FX35

Just got an 07 FX35....what a rocket ship. It's certified pre-owned, so I'm sure they'll fix this, but I thought I may be doing something wrong. The power outlet in the center console drawer works only intermittently. It's the only one, apparently, that works with no key set to ACC. It isn't the cell phone cord, as I tried a few. Has anyone else had this problem? I did do a search, but I found nothing specific to my situation.

thanks,MrM

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Hello there Tim,Welcome to Nico

All of the power sockets turn off when the key is off. Although this may seem inconvenient at times the sole reason is to keep a mistakenly plugged in peripheral from discharging your battery. The power sockets differ slightly from normal cigarette lighters in that the internal element is constructed slightly different, meaning that if your charging cable is not making correct contact your device may not work.

If I am misunderstanding what you are saying please feel free to enlighten me.

MrMootsie

thanks for the answer, Steve. You correctly understood the problem. It doesn't work with the engine running, now, either. Fuses all check. What typically goes wrong with this? I used a multimeter to test.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

That is pretty interesting,

I would take it to the dealer and let them deal with it.

If you checked both sides of the fuses and the power outlet(s) still do not work you may have another issue. It is a very simple circuit.

MrMootsie

it goes into the shop for a few things on Thursday. I spoke with my local Infiniti wrench. When I described the problem to him, his first question was, "do you have a Verizon phone and adapter?". Why yes....yes, I do. Apparently, this is a problem endemic to Verizon adapters. It is, indeed, a fuse thing. If I get a resolution, I'll post it.

Best,Tim

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”