07 altima 2.5

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
brandonboys1
Car: altima

I'm curious if anyone out there driving an 07' altima has noticed the stiffness in the steering wheel when driving above 55mph. I find that i have to keep a vice-like grip going in and out of turns and that the car easliy drifts into other lanes if i take my eyes off the road for a second. Service told me it's like this on all models, but i can't see how no one else isn't bothered by this. My grilfriend has an 06' and it handles like a dream. It seriously seems very dangerous!

Lastly, is there any recourse w/ this whole intelligent key situation? Mine has failed 6x already, only to start up again in anywhere from 10 minutes to an entire day. Every time i bring it in, they say there is no problem. (nonsense!) I'm petrified I'll get fired from work b/c a brand new car ,of all things, won't start. I can't wait til Oct. for this to be resolved. Is Nissan going to find me another job? I should feel secure knowing a new car will start right up everyday. Also, i know it's not the cellphone issue, b/c i actually read about it in the manual (unfortunately after i bought it) and have taken great care to keep them separate. Any feedback would be most appreciated.

generic808
Car: 08 Infiniti G35S
10 Infiniti EX35

Wow, this thread is almost a year old but it was at the top. If you haven't figured out what it was by now--which I hope is not the case--try checking your tire pressure. When tires are underinflated it makes the steering more stiff.

Have your dealership "reprogram" your FOB, whatever that means they do to it.

bluedragonxtl
Car: 2008 3.5se altima sedan

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”