'07 350z HR owner, iacl won’t learn intakes? High idle

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
braxZ33
Car: z33 HR 350z

Hey guys, recently picked up a 07 HR with a set of dc cai’s on it. I've tried everything to get the idle to learn which it will not accept. I’m a mechanic and doing the procedure correctly, car warm, throttle dance, replaced the TBs with no luck. The idle bounces around from 1500 and up.

The car came with DC cold air intakes. Could this be the problem, or is there an updated bin / rom for the 07 idle control? I don’t have access to consult.

Does anyone have any modified idle controlled etc re maps pcm/ecu flash maybe? Thanks for any help as I’ve tried everything. When I scanned the car the only code is for the idle control / TB's.
Last edited by Rogue One on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: TYPO

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Vacuum leak.

CarGuy87
Car: 350z, G37s, M35s

First, have you found the actual CAUSE of the high idle? It could be a vaccum leak but you have to be sure because the idle relearn will not do anything if you have a vaccum leak. Also, if you have the NIS android app and a bluetooth OBD adapter it can do the idle relearn procedure with the tap of a button instead of the throttle pedal dance which leaves room for error. It works beautifully. You're a mechanic so you will know already ways to find a vaccum leak. Find the cause first, then worry about the idle relearn/electronics.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”