06 Z with 151K miles...says mainly HW miles...for $9K...

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
SVTCOBRA
Car: 2018 Q60 AWD 2023 F150 4x4 5.0 FX4

What do you think??? I'm keeping my 04 G coupe, but always wanted a Z and miss gears... :biggrin:
Copied from his ad....
A/C ice cold, All scheduled maintenance, All records, Always garaged, Custom wheels, Excellent condition, Factory GPS system, Fully loaded with all the goodies, Looks & drives great, Mostly highway miles, Must see, Never seen snow, New paint, New tires, Non-smoker, Perfect first car, Satellite radio, Seats like new, Title in hand, Upgraded sound system, Very clean interior, Well maintained!

My 350 is extremely clean, recently had routine maintenance done on it from, new clutch, brakes, tires, transmission flush, oil and filter, air filter, new bearings in wheel up front so it runs so nice. smooth and quiet. Kenwood touch screen stereo WITH the controls on the steering wheel routed to work which is actually a big deal when you put in a new radio. Handsfree blue tooth as well for your phone, GPS installed. I got hit by a lady a few years ago on the side turning left, I got the back qtr panel fixed and a new paint job a GOOD new paint job on the car. You may say it has a lot of miles on it but really they are highway miles mostly when I worked in Charleston driving back and forth every week. It will run forever the way I took care of it compared to a teenager burning one out everyday with only 80 thousand miles on it ... which one would you rather buy? This is a great car and I wish I did not have to sell it because it will only save me money in the long run. So why then would you sell such a great car? Good question ... I have a new baby boy now and I am moving overseas so it does not make much sense to keep it garaged here in NC? Come take it for a test drive, you will not believe how beautiful and clean it is compared the Z's you have looked it recently.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

Leakdown or compression test is a must, Like the Track & 35th Anniversary models from '05, ALL '06 Zs with 6MT have the RevUp version of the VQ. Many of these engines were replaced under warranty from Nissan (long since expired on the car you're looking at) because of excessive oil consumption. Apparently it was a bad hone on the cylinder wall that let oil readily escape past the rings. My 35th Anniversary model has 180K miles on it and, like a lot of VQs (especially high mileage ones), gets its oil checked and topped off regularly, but it's not what I'd call excessive.

Early on, new cars had motors that were going through a quart or more in a thousand miles. I might be able to do that if it was constantly 90+ degrees here, I was constantly banging off the rev limiter, downshfiting under power and driving like I was coming down Rahal Straight and preparing for The Corkscrew leading the final lap at Laguna Seca. As it is now, I check every now and then, more in the summer when oil thins out quicker and I tend to drive harder, less in the winter when there's less fun to be had driving fast.

Still, $9k sounds a little high for a 10 year old car with 150K miles on it. But if it's close it might be worth a look. If you can find one you like and the price is right I'd aim for '07-'08 with the VQHR engine, twin intakes, a little more power and no oil concerns (outside of normal wear & tear).

You have any interest in 370Zs? The prices are dropping more and more on the older ones, and a little on the new(er) ones as Ford & GM keep one upping each other with the Camaro and Mustang duel and almost no one but the Z faithful are willing to pay the high prices Nissan starts off asking for. Plus, the 370Z model is 7 years old now and a lot of buyers are (ME!) are waiting for a Z refresh to hit next year.

SVTCOBRA
Car: 2018 Q60 AWD 2023 F150 4x4 5.0 FX4

Thanks!!!!!
Yes, I had looked at a 09 with 47k, but wanted to spend less $$$$
Maybe I'll keep looking for an 07 or 08 so as to avoid the oil consumption issue all together.
Not getting rid of my G coupe (Auto), just miss the gears and always wanted a Z.....
Test drove several before getting my G coupe.....just need a back seat.
But, getting an older Z allows me to keep the G.
:cheers:

MichaelRobinz33n

I would say no. I got my 06 Z for 8500 with 87k miles. GREAT condition. Just look hard. And I recommend getting the HR model.

Desert Rat
Car: 2014 370Z M6 Base Coupe
2017 Frontier 4.0
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Quad Cab 4x4
1977 F150 4x4 Shorty BUILT
2008 Boulevard C90T
Previous owner of a bunch of Nissans

I'd keep looking too. There's lower mile examples out there, and I would avoid the 05-06 cars.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”