06 pass. power sliding door opens on its own and remote prob

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
aguirre13
Car: 2006 Nissan Quest S Special Edition

Hi everyone,

All of a sudden our remote stopped working. I tested it at the auto parts store and it did not work when I activated the tester and pressed the buttons on the remote. Put a new battery in and it did not work. Tested it at the store and still no response when tested. Found a reprogam procedure online (Put key in ignition at least 6 times in 10 secs...hazards flash...insert key and turn to acc and press a button. hazards should flash again. I get it to flash after putting the key in and out but it will not flash when I press a button. That was with the new and old batteries.) Disconnected the negative battery cable for at least 5 minutes. Did not work. On top of all this at around the same time the power passenger sliding door is opening up on its own when the car is off and parked in our driveway. I found a door initialization procedure online but have not tried it yet. Anybody have either of these issues? I would appreciate ANY help!!!

ricebike
Car: 1989 240sx se 5spd (donated to my brother in law)
2002 Quest
2005 Altima

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/quest/2006_Quest/

is this still covered under warranty?

maybe scroll through the TSBs and see if they have something about it

http://www.automd.com/recall-tsb/search ... 5&model=72

it's not a complete summary, but i guess you can go from there

aguirre13

Not under warranty...gonna be 4 years old and just passed 60k miles so the powertrain warranty is expired too now. I think I got it though! It was the original remote. I bought a used one on ebay and got it a few days ago. I took it to the store before I tried to program it to test the battery and it worked. Came home and did the programming procedure. It worked on the second try. All buttons work. I tried to program our original remote again and nothing. So I put another new battery in my original and went to the store to test it. Still, not working at the battery tester. I put the power sliding door fuse back in to see if it would open on it's own again with the new remote programmed. It has not since last evening and hopefully we are good to go! In the meanwhile I have removed the battery from the old remote. Wonder if it was stuck or something. I might take it apart and check the circuit board. Thanks for your help.

aguirre13

Never updated this. I pulled the fuse for the power sliding door to keep it from opening and found a used remote for $20 on Ebay. I programmed it using the steps listed in the Nissan FSM that I found online and also on various websites. The sequence where you put the key in and out quickly 6 or so times until the hazards flash. Once I got the remote I put the fuse back in and it has worked fine since. It was the remote that failed. Now on to the alternator that failed yesterday...

Return to “Quest Forum”