06 nissan altima v6 3.5l running Rough

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
Zombdad81
Car: 2005 nissan altima 3.5l v6

About two months ago my Altima began running rough. At first it was sporatically. Every few drives it would run like it had water in the fuel or a bag plug (missing). I started with the easiest fixes. Lucas Fuel system treatment and changing the plugs, etc. At the time it was throwing cylinder misfire number 4 code. After doing all of that It started throwing multiple cylinder misfire code. As time went on the rough idle/in-gear has gotten increasingly worse. I begin to thrown cam shaft over advancement bank 2 code. So we changed the cam shaft sensors to no avail. Check Engine light is constantly on and Blinks in the rough parts of it. I had changed the radiator and flushed the system before this all began. I have also recently started smelling an odor akin to hot plastic/material or very close to exhaust after the car is shut off. I don't want to drop a ton of money into it as the car is so old but I cannot find anyone to give me a difinitive answer on what exactly is wrong. Some say timing, others has have said intake manifold gasket, some solenoid or cat converter. Please help! Thanks in advance for the info.

rvargas208
Car: 06 Altima 3.5
08 Altima 2.5

Did you resolve this? I would remove and clean/check the Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve. Easy 5 min job.

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”