06 Nissan Altima fuses not working

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
06altimaowner
Car: 2006 Nissan Altima

Hi. I have an 06 Nissan Altima 4 cylinder. I love this car and I've had it for a little over a year. I paid 3500 for it. It had 120,000 miles on it. It ran great for a long time and until recently it runs great. I parked it the other night, and then when I went to start it the next morning it cranks but won't start. I know it's either spark or fuel right? So I took the back seat out and listened to see if the fuel pump turn on when I turn the ignition, and it does. I went and got an inline spark tester and checked each coil for spark, they all light the bulb up. Apparently spark and fuel are OK, so maybe the crankshaft sensor? I replaced that which took me all day, and a million YouTube videos later, I got that installed.

Then I noticed that the camshaft sensor had oil all over it. I pulled it out and found that it was a blown seal. I'm thinking that was hopefully my original problem. I installed the old crankshaft sensor in the camshaft hole and tried to start it, but it just cranks with no start. I'm exasperated exhausted and frustrated. I've just decided to check all my fuses under my steering column, and half of then don't work. They're good fuses. I bought brand new fuses, but even with the key turned on it doesn't light my test light up. Maybe a relay or something, I dunno. Please help guys, please!
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct forum

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Sounds like you might have popped the ECM fuse or an upstream fusible link, or you might have a bad ECM relay. Most of the fuses and links in your car aren't under the dash, they're in the IPDM (that big thing forward of your P/S reservoir) and the fuse-and-relay box under the hood. The hot side of the battery also has a "card" that contains fusible links. The ECM relay is in the IPDM. For a crank-no-start issue, unless it's the ignition switch, I wouldn't expect to find the problem under the dash.

06altimaowner

Thankyou I will check that out

06altimaowner

I fixed it. It started on first try right after i connected the cable to the cam shaft sensor s***. Sorry guys thanks for your help

06altimaowner

Oh yeah and replaced the 4 fuses that we're blown

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Glad you got it straightened out. Happy motoring!

06altimaowner

Ok so now it's pulling the cute p0335 crankshaft position sensor/circuit. Engine speed circuit faliure

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Bad crank sensor most likely. It's a PIA to reach on a QR25, but out of 1827 confirmed fixes on Identifix, 1435 were a bum sensor. Make sure you have solid 12V power on the green/red wire and ground on black, but if those are good, it's 80% likely the sensor is bad. I have seen a number of instances where a dying-but-not-dead cam sensor fooled the ECM into blaming the CKP, but that's the only other major possibility.

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”