06 m35x oil leak (whats this called)

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
JustJason
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x

Hey guys,

I needed to redo my calipers since the slide pins were seized and it was making a god awful noise - and since I'm in NY and everything's still shut down for the most part I knocked a few other things out and when I was done ready to go for a test drive and notice some oil spots drip out. 🤬 I did an oil change about a month and a half ago using mobil 1 oil/filter - havent noticed any spots other than this but when I checked my dipstick the oil level was below the level to even read. It looks like its coming from this rubber hose with the clamps on each end under the filter (looks like its bulging a bit and spongy on the side with oil showing), does anyone agree and/or know what its called? The good news is I've only driven the car a couple of times since the quarantine started but its time to move on to other projects lol

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

That is the oil cooler, I believe. Are you sure it's not dripping down from the filter?

JustJason
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x

Ilya wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 12:34 pm
That is the oil cooler, I believe. Are you sure it's not dripping down from the filter?
Thanks for the reply, I went to autozone with as many angles of pictures as I could and they showed it to a few people, they were confused at first but seemed to think its the oil cooling line but they don't even have the licensing to sell those (or something like that). I'm not 100% sure its not the filter, but did tighten it down even more and cleaned the area/wrapped a white microfiber cloth around them to see if that helps show exactly where its coming from

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

It is probably the oil cooler o-ring/gasket leaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfp8gmH0YXc

midnightclub619
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

04pathse wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:50 pm
It is probably the oil cooler o-ring/gasket leaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfp8gmH0YXc
thanks 04pathse

Exactly what i was going to suggest. I have the same leak but much slower. I was going to do the same fix. the leak is coming from the Oring inside the oil cooler which is an easy fix. i'll be doing this my next oil change since i'll be draining it at the same time. I got 125k on that same Oring so i'm sure its time to replace it.

new06m35influv
Car: '06 M35 Sport Edition

real easy fix ive fixed 3 infinitis now once u remove filter the thread the filter screws on has a hex head built on cant remember size but use deep well socket and remove threaded stud

Shecanic92
Car: Infiniti m35x

Literally just fixed this a month ago. Like stated above, check the gasket on the filter, the actual cooler gasket, & hose. More than likely it's actually dripping from right above it. That hose is $$ if you order from Nissan but you can get an adequate replacement at autozone. It wont have the shaping that the oem one does but with some slight modifications upon install it will be good to go.

^^^^ oh and the hex nut after the filter is removed is a 22mm

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”