'06 M35x - Driver Seat not moving forward/back or tilting, Power Mirrors Unresponsive, Memory Seats not working

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
dstory
Car: ???

My daughter just bothered to tell me that on her '06 m35x that her drivers seat will not move forward or backward, tilt is non-functional, but curiously Lumber support works.
When I went out to check the car, I also noticed that her memory seats were not working (no light when trying to store a new position either), and the power mirrors are not functioning.

I pulled all the 10amp fuses from the drivers side fuse box location and tested them with a multimeter (all good)
Pulled the battery cable from the negative terminal for 20 min, re-connected. No Change.

Now as much as I want to blame my daughter.
The odds that all of these modules stopped working at or about the same time, seems suspect, even for a teenager.

I tired a few variations of searches on the forum but what did turn up either didn't match these symptoms, or I what I tried didn't fix the issues.

Suggestions are appreciated.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I don't think you have a power problem. There are two main supply circuits. One is fuse 21, a 10A in the inside fusebox which you checked, the other is fusible link F, a 50A in the fuse and relay box. However, the fact that the lumbar switch still works means link F is good. Lumbar shares power with the other functions but is direct-drive from the switch, it doesn't go through the controller under the driver seat like all the other seat motions. The fact that the lumbar still works also means the driver seat ground is good. That means the most likely culprits are a bad driver seat controller or bad Auto Drive Positioner module (in the left lower dash near the steering column). Get a CAN scan from a Nissan Consult3+ or another high-end scanner that can see non-OBD systems. The ADP isn't connected to CAN but the driver seat control module is, and the seat then connects to the ADP on a pair of bit-bang LAN lines. So there will be codes in the driver seat controller if the ADP is incommunicado, which will mean the ADP is most likely at fault. On the other hand, if the driver seat controller doesn't show up on CAN, then it's the most likely culprit.

cruzad3r
Car: 2006 M35x fully loaded

wow thanks VStar. I too have this annoyance little problem. the friking thing still works but kinda half-@$$ meaning it will do the moving forward but only half way. I'll see if i can get a friend with Consult3+ to scan the car.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

VStar650CL wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:25 pm
I don't think you have a power problem. There are two main supply circuits. One is fuse 21, a 10A in the inside fusebox which you checked, the other is fusible link F, a 50A in the fuse and relay box. However, the fact that the lumbar switch still works means link F is good. Lumbar shares power with the other functions but is direct-drive from the switch, it doesn't go through the controller under the driver seat like all the other seat motions. The fact that the lumbar still works also means the driver seat ground is good. That means the most likely culprits are a bad driver seat controller or bad Auto Drive Positioner module (in the left lower dash near the steering column). Get a CAN scan from a Nissan Consult3+ or another high-end scanner that can see non-OBD systems. The ADP isn't connected to CAN but the driver seat control module is, and the seat then connects to the ADP on a pair of bit-bang LAN lines. So there will be codes in the driver seat controller if the ADP is incommunicado, which will mean the ADP is most likely at fault. On the other hand, if the driver seat controller doesn't show up on CAN, then it's the most likely culprit.
This is just an amazing post. Holy smokes man. So happy to have you here lol.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Just paying it forward, my friends. Just paying it forward... :)

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

That was spectacular. I'm in awe... Sure glad to have you here, V!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

AZhitman wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:37 pm
That was spectacular. I'm in awe... Sure glad to have you here, V!
:dblthumb:

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”