06 M35 seat replacement options with heat and cool

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
SammyQ
Car: '07 Infiniti M35

I'm looking for repairs or retrofit my 2007 M35 front seat heat cool system, The OEM TEDS seem to have failed and looking for options since Infiniti does not support parts.
Questions: Can we retrofit with aftermarket system. Katzin of So Cal does not offer Infiniti seat cover replacements and said same year Maxima seats are not the same.
Are the same year Maxima seat covers the same as Infiniti M35
Is there a later model of seats from other Infiniti cars that will work.
Is there an aftermarket kit
Thank You Sam

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You can probably use the TED's and controller out of a later N/I product such as a Murano or Maxima. Many of them "fit in the same hole," as it were, but have different electrical and drive characteristics. First make sure the TED's themselves are bad, usually it's the fans or the controller drive circuits that fail.

SammyQ

Thanks for the info. I have checks the fans and they are ok. Not sure about the controller. Is there a way to check it
Thanks
Sam

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You can find a schematic and wiring diagrams for the system here, starting on SE-117:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 5%2Fse.pdf

The TED's are pretty simple-minded, the controller reverses current through the Peltier plate to produce heat or cold, and has an RTD sensor to feed back the temperature of each plate. There's also a tachometer feedback for the fan, all of those sensors need to work or the system won't stay running. There's a pin reference for the controller immediately following the WD's, it isn't great but will give you an idea of what healthy voltages look like. If the seat on one side works, that makes it much easier, you can cross-check readings from the working one against the failed one.

SammyQ

Thank You for the schematic. Ill start checking voltages and go from there.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”