06 m35 Pinging/ clicking sound when accelerating: Is it time to change timing chain?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
eyedeekay
Car: 2006 Infiniti m35

Hate to post again on same forums but here goes:

BTW car is 2006 M35, it has vq35de with 268k miles :dblthumb:
The sounds seems to occur from 2000 to 3000 rpm range when accelerating, and they are very distinct "clicks". Could it be indication that the timing chain and tensioner needs to be changed? For background; a couple months ago the mechanic said they found pieces of the timing chain tensioner in the oil pan but they were unable to determine if it were pieces from a prior change. For what its worth carfax found no such service ($40 down the drain :frown: ) Also, I have codes for p0011, p0021, and p0340, and I heard the first two relate to timing chain tensioner. I have a recording of the sound and can provide more occurrences of said sound.

Last edited by Rogue One on Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted duplicate thread

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Just a friendly note. Cross-posting (i.e. posting the same message in more than one forum board) is frowned upon. It's confusing and often counterproductive. Please choose the forum topic that is closest to your post, and place it there only. If you should create a post in one forum, and later realize it would be more appropriate in another forum, please delete the original before posting it again.

eyedeekay
Car: 2006 Infiniti m35

Rogue One wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:11 pm
Just a friendly note. Cross-posting (i.e. posting the same message in more than one forum board) is frowned upon. It's confusing and often counterproductive. Please choose the forum topic that is closest to your post, and place it there only. If you should create a post in one forum, and later realize it would be more appropriate in another forum, please delete the original before posting it again.
Alright will remember next time :bigthumb:

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”