06 G35 Annoying Tire Noise

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
Huy
Car: M45

My wife's 06 G35 coupe has the most annoying tire noise at only 14K miles.I've done some research on this matter and seems that I'm not the only one with the issue. Took it into dealer today and they basically told me that there is nothing that they can do except for me to purchase new tires. As some of you have known, the design of the this vehicle causes the uneven wear of the tires. So we are pretty much screwed with dropping $500+ every 12-14K miles on new tires. I feel that Infiniti should step up and do something about this matter. Please educate me on this if I am missing something here. KIA probablyhas better service than this so called "Luxury brand".

mszx
Car: 1995 300zx

I was having the same problem w/ my 300zx. I finally put Goodyear Assurance tires on, which are costly, but they last 3times as long... it's a harder tire. A little road noise still exist, but the tires are better than any I've tried.

Huy

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into the tires you recommended. I would really hate to get rid of this great vehicle.

johnparkyourcar
Car: 03 DG coupe 5AT

is the uneven tire wear only on the 06 models or does it apply to older ones? (i have a 03 coupe) about a month ago i had to replace my front driver side and taking a look at the other ones, all the tires had uneven wear on the inside part of the tire.

redhed
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe

my '06 coupe's tires are wearing fine...although the rears are wearing faster than the fronts...and they can't be rotated due to different sizes.

Huy

To my knowledge, it's all year G35. I feel that Infiniti should offer some type of a discount on tires or something to retain customers. I've purchased an FX35, M45 and G35 all in the past 2 years brand new from Infiniti. I guess it's time to move on to Lexus.

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

Huy wrote: I guess it's time to move on to Lexus.
Once my father told me if you run away from your problems it won't solve the problem and you'll run for the rest of your life. What I am trying to say. It is a known issue but it can be better with other tires. If you think to move to the Lexus will solve your problem then that's what you should do. But be ready they have problems too. Almost all sport coupe have these wearing issues not just infiniti. Just try to calm down please and think about your options. I would go and shop around for tires or just do a little search on nico about tires.

I have an 07 G35X with about 12+k miles on it. I should change my tires soon. But I know that is my problem, only problem is with my car I just love it so much I keep pushing her to the limit. I knew it when I bought the car. The moment i sat in the car and took it out for test drive. I pictured in my head the tire change once a year.

I would just go an shop around for tire.

Please don't take it offensive.

Perhaps you should wait till more people chime in and leave their opinions. They are probably more helpfull then I am.

zozo

Huy

Zozoka... Thanks for the input. I would never take anyone's opinion or advice to be offensive. I also would not be posting this if I am running away from the problem. I just feel that Infiniti should offer better service to every customer. We all paid good money for these cars. Just because they have a superior product, does not mean that they can afford to neglect great customer service. I am also understanding that they can not make everyone happy. Since this is a prevalant problem, they should really look into doing something about it. My father also said... Squeaky wheel gets the oil. I guess my wheels are squeaky and noisy at the same time. I do see your point though... I am hoping to learn more about this vehicle and at the same time, let consumers out there know to expect a higher level of service and product.

johnparkyourcar

Huy wrote:To my knowledge, it's all year G35. I feel that Infiniti should offer some type of a discount on tires or something to retain customers. I've purchased an FX35, M45 and G35 all in the past 2 years brand new from Infiniti. I guess it's time to move on to Lexus.
so then my tires wearing more on the inside part is normal? after i replaced my front driver side tire i was out of money (im a poor college student) and i havent gotten around to changing the other tires so ive been driving extra careful. i bought the car used and it had an accident so i just assumed the previous owner never really fixed the problem. my tires were really bald on the inside part but the outside looked like about 75% wear.

johnparkyourcar

oh and another thing with my tires that i have a question about is when i looked online for the rims i have, it says its made for FWD and also it is 20". could that be why my tires are wearing unevenly? or does that just add onto the normal uneven wearing?

zozoka1212

johnparkyourcar, Yes it is possible. And it is possible you have a little more problem because it was in an accident. It is possible the prev. owner did not get it fixed right. But if it is wearing inside more that is adjustable.
Huy wrote:My father also said... Squeaky wheel gets the oil. I guess my wheels are squeaky and noisy at the same time.
You got to love fathers.

I do agree with some of the infiniti dealers and infiniti service sometimes just not helfull at all. They ignore the problem. If it is a dealer yes you can go to the other one if it is I hope they were fixing the most of the problems with the g37. After all the G is the flagship of the Infiniti.

zozo

Q45tech
Car: 1990 Q45 342,400 miles 22 years ownership with original engine
1995 G20t 5 speed 334,000 miles 16" 2002 wheels - 205/50/16 Sr20ve vvl

Most high quality performance tires are optimized for the FIRST 8,000 miles since government testing is stopped at that point and longevity parameters are estimated [extrapolated] from what happens in the first 8,000 miles.

To make them extra quiet they are acoustically tuned to only work well with new to 6/32" tread beyond that the wet performance is nearly gone so they expect you to KNOW that they should be replaced when half worn.

Unfortunately few consummers understand tire physics or are members of SAE or The Tire Society.

All automotive manufacturers want their oem supplied tires to wear fast for good magazine test results [handling and braking] and want to remove themselves from the liability chain as fast as possible.

If they could they would ship cars without tires and make the buyer select and supply something to the dealer for mounting same with wheels.

No one is ever happy with tires or wheels, sources of so many compliants.

redhed

is there really a problem with the g35?? my tires are wearing fine and even...just faster in back. i think it has more to do with the tires themselves (like you say) than with the way the g35 suspension was designed.

my two cents...

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

Yup...both my G's have been fine too...I don't experience any of this

Huy

Alright guys... I will try some new tires and see if it will be better. Any recommendations? I am open to different size, only if it does not affect the drive or safety. Priority is better wear.Thanks in advance.

zozoka1212

Now we are talking. Lets spend some of your money. ok.

sorry i had to

you should take a look at tirerack's website they have some reviews about tires.

zozo

redhed

when you mentioned uneven wear...did you mean front to back or per a particular tire? if you meant front to back...that is natural since you can't rotate the wheels/tires from front to back on the coupe. and that isn't a design flaw.

as for tires...i wouldn't know what to tell ya. you could go to NTW or something similar and ask about tires that will fit your car, and have a high mileage tread rating.

Huy

ZOzo... not a whole lot of money here for you to spend. I will be on cracker and water only diet for a month to afford these tires.

Rehed... I am having problems with feathering of the 2 front tires on the inner walls.

migurus
Car: Infinity G35 coupe automatic 2005

My Potenza RE92a (orig) tires started making noise after some 40K, now it is 52K and they still have some life left in them, but due to the noise I am looking for the replacement. I have '05 coupe base, so 225/50/17 front and 235/50/17 rear.

Does anyone used Kumho Ecsta ASX?Any advise would be appreciated.

redhed

Huy wrote:ZOzo... not a whole lot of money here for you to spend. I will be on cracker and water only diet for a month to afford these tires.

Rehed... I am having problems with feathering of the 2 front tires on the inner walls.
yet you can afford 3 infinitis in the last 2 years...and now want a lexus??

as for your front tire wear...that is odd. my front tires are wearing perfectly even. have you had your alignment checked??

Huy

Redhed.... Alignment done. I guess my wife has been drag racing and I don't know it.

Migurus... good to hear that you got your money's worth on those tires. 52K is amazing. As for the Kumho Ecsta, I had it on Acura TL and not impress with level of noise. Decent tires though.

booklady
Car: Infiniti G35X

I just purchase a 2004 G35X with 35K miles and the tire noise is unbearable. When I test drove the car, the radio was turned on by the salesman so I did not notice the sound until after the purchase. I contacted the dealership and they suggested the tires may need to be replaced. However, I purchased the car as a "Certified Vehicle". I am demanding the dealership to replace my tires. What are your thoughts or feedback?

redhed

good luck with that one! it's always a good idea to look at the tires on a used vehicle closely before you buy it. worn down tires will create more road noise...

redhed

Huy wrote:Redhed.... Alignment done. I guess my wife has been drag racing and I don't know it.
and just how does drag racing wear out the front tires on a rwd vehicle...?

Huy

Redhed... I kid... I kid...

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”