06 FX35. Just bought

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
Paolino
Car: 06 Infiniti FX35

Hi, i'm Paolo.. i'm from Italy. I live in GA.

I just bought an 06 fx35, 41k miles, they sold me it as WARRANTY vehicle.. i checked the VIN to the INFINITI (i should have done it first, i know!) and they told me that the car was not well maintained (the first owner didn't change the oil often) and that now some part of the engine (related to the fact that the oil was not changed for a long time) are not covered by the warranty if something happens.

I called ALM to have information but they are such a mean people, i can't even talk with them.

Now i'm considering to get a lawyer, or to go to Infiniti, have the car checked and have my warranty back.

they just lied to me. They knew about this issue and they didn't let me know anything.

The problem of the car is that it seems it burns oil. Twice smoke was noticed. It needed a refill of oil after 2500miles.I'm gonna have the car checked tomorrow.. i'm gonna go to a mechanic i usually go.

It sucks, it's such a nice car.

Do you guys think i'll have to change the engine?? I should pay for it if i need it

fxBeast
Car: Infiniti FX35 '06

Hi Paolino,

I, too, have just purchased an '06 FX35. I bought a Certified/Pre-owned... Only 33,000 miles. Has great CarFax report and for $1,500, I extended the bumper to bumper warranty to 2013, in addition to the Certified drivetrain 100,000 mile warranty. My only complaint so far is that the car's black window trim looked flawless until they washed it and I noticed in the morning that the trim was actually a bit faded... Anyone know what the best trim restorer is?

Good luck with your FX!

Norm321
Car: 2006 Infiniti FX35

I bought a 06 FX35 Certified pre-owned as well. Traded a 01 QX4. Loved that but the repairs were overwhelming me after 266,000 miles. Where did you purchase your extended warranty?

fxBeast
Car: Infiniti FX35 '06

I purchased car and ext warranty from Kearny Mesa Infininti.

What? I posted my intro on the EX forum! zer...55937#

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”