06 FX35 Cooling Fans running strong/Thermostat hose cold.

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
FXDodger909
Car: 2006 Infiniti FX35

On friday 11/04/2016, my fx started to overheat on the way home from work. i got home and checked on the hoses (Radiator to motor and Radiator to thermostat) after checking them both, the hose from the Rad to the motor was hot as heck BUT the hose from the Rad to the thermostat wasnt as hot as it should of been. I needed up changing out the thermostat and changing out the rad cap also.

Saturday morning (11/05/2016) i topped off the coolant and drop the FX around the block, it started to over heat again. Came back home and after reading more, I had to air bleed it and turn the heater on while the car was running. So i turned on the heater and bam the hose from the Rad to the thermostat started to get home so i left it as that.

sunday morning (11/06/2016) i checked the levels of coolant and had to top off the rad and res tank. No problems over heating.

Yesterday (11/09/2016) i started to smell coolant and felt hot air coming out of the vents. i also started to hear the Fans on the motor turn as if the AC was on (But it wasnt) meaning it was working to cool down the motor. i touched the hose to the thermostat and again it wasnt as hot as it needs to be.

My buddy told me i might have air in the system BUT the question is: HOW DO I AIR BLEED THIS???? WHERE IS THE AIR BLEEDING VALVE LOCATED AND HOW WOULD I DO IT?????????

Also my issue is that the hose from the radiator to the motor is hot (as it should be) BUT the hose from the radiator to the "new" thermostat is not as hot as it should be and im not sure why.. A buddy of mine told me to just take the thermostat out completely but i don't know about that. There's no leaks from the radiator/hoses/claps or belts so im not sure what else to do.

If someone could give me some type of advice or shine some light to this i would really appreciate it.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”