06 07 Bi-Xenon Headlight issue??

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
TommyGunnZ33
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6mt (Brembo Package)

Hey all im new here, anyhow i have searched for this issue but could not find anything like it. I just purchased 06 07 OEM g35 coupe projector headlights (used), as i was installing my hid bulbs i noticed a broken adjuster inside the assembly, (the main up and down adjuster that you use the long phillips to adjust) so i just rigged it with screws and it holds up good and i have the ability to adjust the projector w/o taking off the headlight, so i installed the headlights and my car and they work i did worked out great it's properly adjusted 25 ft from the wall at the right height.

So test rode it and found a new problem, the broken headlight i fixed barley has a cut off line, it's hard to explain how the beam patterm looks, the beam is like a super bright spotlight and the light does not fan out like it should, so what i believe happened is some idiot played with the adjusters a bit too much and broke the main adjuster AND the adjuster cover was missing on the other adjusters, they must have adjusted the other adjusters to where the bulb is too close to the projector causing a magnifying effect to the beam?? So what do ya'll think it may be? Should i take out the headlight and adjust the other 2 adjusters on the projector to get the bulb away from the projector if so which way should i turn the screw to make it move the headlight away, and which screw makes the headlight go in and out?

TommyGunnZ33
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6mt (Brembo Package)

Oh yeah almost forgot, the bulbs I use are D2S Race Sport 6000k

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”