05 G35 auto sedan vs 03 G35mt sedan

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
fshrmn

I recently drove a 05 g35 auto for 2 days as a loaner car. I had mixed feelings on the areas that had been redesigned. I liked the armrests on the door much better. I also liked the real aluminum and instrument panel better. I like the placement of the clock on my 03 better. I prefer the 03 body style, as I think it is more aggressive. I don't have a preference of the dial type ac/radio controls vs. the push button.

The 05 has a nicer sound to it. When starting from a dead stop, the 05 auto takes a bit before the power kicks in. You can definetaly sense that there is more power there, but it doesn't seem like its getting put to use. My 03mt is definately quicker and access to the power is always there. I am sure the 05mt is an awesome beast. I also felt like the 05 suspension was geared towards a softer ride, but couldn't hold a candle to the 03. But maybe the 05 didn't have sport suspension. Anywho just some babbling and my 2 cents.

The loaner only had 10 miles on it when I got it and it was that nice red color. I really like that red, but I am not in to keeping the colored cars clean. It stresses me out. I wish they would come out with that light emerald green mist color that was an original color on the g35.

Fshrmn

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Wow a loaner w/ only 10 miles??

MT will own the 5A in driving feel all week.(Unless you are in a traffic jam)

Interior changes are mostly the result of customer input in these cars... ..

I havent had achanc yet to compare but will take it soon.

One good thing of my 350Z is it opens test drive doors. I guess a lot of folks are trading in 2 seaters when they get too tight or the wife complains too loudly.

Fred...

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I have yet to see the interior changes first hand. They sound nice and the pics look good. As for an 05 auto coupe vs. an 03 auto coupe, they should be identical if I remember correctly. The 05 sedan was bumped from 260hp to 280hp though so there should be a bit of a difference there. The 6mt coupe and sedan were both given to 295hp in 05.

Being that the car only had 10 miles on it, is probably the reason it felt a little sluggish.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”