05 Coupe Rear Passenger Center Console Removal HELP!

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
Jamaica2G
Car: 2005 Red G35 6MT Coupe

Wussup all, I tried searching it, but came up with jack squat... Anyone know how to remove the center console in the rear seat of the 05 coupe? I don't want to break anything - clips - screws - attachments... Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks a lot.

Adrian

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

If it's the same one in the 03-04 models, it should be attached to the rear seat. If it can be removed, you will likely need to remove the seat first. I didn't take a close look at it though when I had my rear seat out though.

Jamaica2G

Just to give a conclusion, there are two clips - one under each rear passenger seat, you just have to yank the seat upwards on both sides and the entire seat will come up with the center console attached!

Good luck to all modders!

Adrian

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Thanks for the info. When will some mods be coming?

Jamaica2G

well, the computer won't be going in till maybe January or February. I have to finish the basic stereo system and body kit first :-D

Here is a write up of what I have so far though...

------------------

Here's some progress...

The new trunk floor that is being made...

the interior... I ran new wires to the doors (5 hrs worth of time) and mounted the JL component sets into the stock locations for now. I might be putting RE components in later.

School is realy killing me with the time so it is taking forever to complete the task, but slowly & surely I'll finish it. For the time being, my roomate and I have been using the back seat while playing Xbox... the cupholders are KEY

My entire system will most likely be Resonant Engineering parts. My friend makes/designs subs for them and he is helping me with the install (save $$) to make this project possible. Since the trunk in the G is so small, I'll be using small subs to conserve trunk space but just put lots of em :-)

I'll be putting in either six or eight 8" woofers in the floor. The amp on the bottom of the picture tests at a solid 1200wX1 @ 1 ohm @ 12V, so at 14v (when the car is running) it should push more.

for the highs, I'll be using a RE amp that is in the making - just to give you a hint, it'll look very similar to the mono amp but it'll push 1000 watts total to the 4 chans at 2 ohm :-D

All the major wiring going through the front of the car is complete, I'm going to install my old Kenwood head unit until I get the rest of the system and body kit set up.

The red piece of spaghetti is the 1/0 gauge power wire I ran through the car. WHAT A PITA it was to put that in!!!

Any questions?

Adrian

rydwhite

Looking good. It also looks like a ton of work. Hopefully you'll have it all done in time to make it to NOPI nats next year.

Jamaica2G

When will that be? ATL right?

Adrian

rydwhite

Yeah, should be September in Atlanta again.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”