05 Altima SER automatic, not start, security light don't even come on.

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
M-train
Car: 05 Altima SE-R, 3.5l auto 11:1cr, JWT C2 cams, headers, 3 inch exh, no cats.

Hello, this is driving me nuts. I rebuilt the engine, and am trying to get the bugs worked out. I did have it running for a while after I got everything put back together.

I shut it down to adjust the shift lever on the auto transmission, and it hasn't cranked back up since. I did check the lever again as usually its not a coincidence that something just happens to go bad after you've tweeked something. Also, I pulled the battery, and checked all of the connections, and they were good.

I made sure I had fuel going to the rail. Good compression readings just to make sure.

After trying a few times to start the engine, I pulled a few plugs........dry as a bone.

Again, checked all of the fuses, under hood, and dash, and they are all fine.

What is killing the injectors? I will test for voltage at the injectors as soon as my assistant/wife gets home, but I would bet that there isn't any volts there.

While I was waiting I did the NATs reset. Turn registered key on, the off, wait 5 seconds, and repeat three times, then try to start the car.

On the second try the cooling fan kicked on. I did turn the key on for the third time, and again the fan kicked on. I think I read that when this happens it means the ECU isn't getting voltage.

Still no security light, no blinks, or solid, just dead. Like I said before THE ENGINE WAS RUNNING.

Here is my full build thread on another forum if you want to see the whole build.
http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/2005-2 ... build.html

M-train
Car: 05 Altima SE-R, 3.5l auto 11:1cr, JWT C2 cams, headers, 3 inch exh, no cats.

Also, found this relay buzzing on passenger side under glove box.

I have low beam headlight out on that side so I'm betting this has nothing to do with the car not starting.

M-train

Anybody?

M-train

Also, there is no power to my scanner [there was before when the engine would run] when I plug it into the dtc connection.

The scanner will only power up when the key is on [it used to power up upon connecting].

After the key is on, the scanner goes nuts. It beeps, and flashes between two messages, something like "unable to connect".

M-train

Well, turned out there was a fuse in the wrong place.

Now the injectors are firing, but still no spark.

I guess I will end up buying a uses IPDM so I can get the relays to check the ignition [and to have some spare relays]

M-train

Thanks for all of the help.

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”