05 Altima SE instrument cluster went out

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
Maxmil982
Car: 2005 Nissan Altima SE 3.5

Hello I have a 2005 Altima 3.5 SE AT

The ECU and main engine control harness have just been replaced at the delearship, due to a short on that engine harness.

I get the car home and the entire instrument cluster is out. No working lights or gauges to speak of.

Turn signals, AC, stereo, wipers, mirrors, windows, locks, headlights etc.. they're all working.

The only other item I've found to be not working is the electric trunk switch on the front dash.

I've checked every fuse, and the small harness connection at the back of the cluster and those are in tact.

Any suggestions on what it could be?

Please advise and thanks in advance!

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

I hope the dealership fixed what they apparently failed to do right when they replaced the ECU and control harness.

06altimaowner
Car: 2006 Nissan Altima

Did you twist the little dial on your dash to make sure it's turned km

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

mdmellott wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:32 pm
I hope the dealership fixed what they apparently failed to do right when they replaced the ECU and control harness.
Darn right. When something doesn't work right after a repair, suspect the repair.
06altimaowner wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:32 pm
Did you twist the little dial on your dash to make sure it's turned km
That won't make the gauges not work.

For the OP, there are actually 3 different fuses for the Meter, 6, 14 and 19, but they're all in the inside fuse box. Did you use a test light when checking them to make sure the Ign and Acc fuses all have power when they're supposed to? There are several legs of the Engine Room Harness that come straight from the engine box to the fusebox, and they may have missed an interface connector between the EGI and Engine Room harnesses that's causing the Meter to not wake up.

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”