05 Altima 2.5 no injector pulse

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
Rcypert
Car: 2005 Altima 2.5 automatic

Hey guys I cannot wrap my head around that FSM yet. I keto getting lost in the volumes of information. I need help with this no start issue I’ve been chasing fir a week now. Finally got it narrowed down to injector pulse. Sparks good fuel pressure is 49psi. Car runs if feed has down a vacuum port. It’ll run for up to a minute. Injectors spray nicely if I touch a 4volt lithium ion battery to them. It’s definitely the signal from the ECM that’s not working. I get strange voltage readings at the harness sometimes close to 12 sometimes 9 volts sometimes less than a volt. Not sure where to start trying to figure this out. New camshaft position sensor. Removed and cleaned and tested the crank sensor. It had resistance so I thought it was good. Not sure the specs on it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Rcypert

The injectors are getting odd voltages. 10v 5v .5v and .1 volt. It seems like a bad computer. Any way to truly reset it? If I get a junkyard one what’s the install procedure like?

Rcypert

Could this be a Nats issue? I’ve been searching and reading no luck so far. Someone with a maxima said their nats system controls injector pulse.

Rcypert

Someone suggested I check the chassis ground. I disconnected the battery to chassis ground (right under battery tray. Sanded down the contact patch and reconnected. Didn’t help. But got me thinking about my BCM and ECM chassis ground. I wonder if those could have come loose. Anyone know where the BCM and ECM Connect to ground? I took my glove box down but still can’t really see the computer yet.

Rcypert

So it turned out my computer was bad. I swapped in a junkyard ECM and now my injector pulse is back. But my security light now is solid while cranking and I’m still not starting. I thought swapping the ECM in this car didn’t trip the nats system??

Rcypert

120$ for a mobile locksmith took 2 seconds to program the key to the ECM. Security light went off. Car wanted to start. Flooded and fouled plugs. Cleaned those up cranked engine with no plugs. Reinstalled everything. Removed fuel pump relay cranked started died. Installed relay and she came back to life. No idea why the ECM injector drivers went bad but that was the problem. And she is fixed. Thanks for the help everyone.

Rcypert

Don’t use a test light to test your injector harness. I’m not sure if I did that or not but mechanic told me that’s one way to fry a driver. I guess the moral of this story is make changes in a slow methodical manner don’t try to do too much at once because if something goes wrong you’ll chase your tail for a while.

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”