'04 Z Touring with Stillen springs

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Larso1

Hi, new member here. Contemplating the purchase of an '04 Touring model with Stillen spring suspension. Beautiful car with chrome basket style wheels and Stillen add on body parts. Trouble is the driving experience doesnt match the looks. The ride is just too punishing for me. Is this to be expected? The owner says he still has the stock springs but he says he doesn't really notice much difference between the two. I'm also wondering if the 19" wheels are making things even worse. Also the clutch is really stiff. Bottom line, to me this car is not much fun to drive this way. Is this harsh ride and stiff clutch normal? Can they be fixed? Thanks for your replies. Bill

Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

Stiff springs without upgraded shocks will make it ride hard and be excessively bumpy. But these cars are supposed to have a stiff ride. It's why they handle so well. And the clutch is a bit stiffer than most passenger cars, but not overbearing IMO.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

Keep in mind the 350Z is a sports car not a luxury car so the ride will be harsher than a cadillac no matter what. Also wheels and low profile tires play a huge roll, the less tire sidewall you have the more of the road you are going to feel. Certainly worth driving a stock car to see how it feels.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”