04 Nissan Quest power going out

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
Armandpg
Car: 2004 Nissan Quest

On my 04 Quest. When I use my turn signal my whole center console goes out. Also, when the power goes out it seems like it runs funny. Check it with my OBD tester and no codes. Could it be the BCM? Also, my interior lights are out.

cleeland
Car: Competitive Cycling

I'd first check all the body grounds, especially the one that powers the blinker relay or the blinker that cases the problem.

The 2004 model year had problems with interior lights shorting. There is a TSB on the topic. I owned a 2004--one of the very first--and it had every problem that resulted in a TSB, months before any TSB was ever issued. It had the interior light problem.

Start by looking thru the TSB.

Armandpg
Car: 2004 Nissan Quest

cleeland wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:32 pm
I'd first check all the body grounds, especially the one that powers the blinker relay or the blinker that cases the problem.

The 2004 model year had problems with interior lights shorting. There is a TSB on the topic. I owned a 2004--one of the very first--and it had every problem that resulted in a TSB, months before any TSB was ever issued. It had the interior light problem.

Start by looking thru the TSB.
Thanks for the reply. First what is the "TSB" sorry. Also, update my lights are back on some miracle or like you said might be a short. The problem now is the lights or dash screen goes out once a while with the turn signal. Then, after driving for a while when you stop then start after a few minutes being off.. It would not start, just cranking. Maybe 3 times till it starts again.

Return to “Quest Forum”