04 Headlight Assembly

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
jakehale
Car: 04 Quest

Hello all. New member here.

here's hoping there is a nissan mechanic in here............

My 04 is starting to get old,, so with that some minor problems. Stuck on one at the moment.

my headlights are trashed and i ordered some new ones. how hard can it be to swap out a set of headlights, ive done it on three other cars. screw 'em out and put the new ones in..
but
not the Quest

so my question is. how do i replace the headlight assemblys on this van? i guess a more correct question would be. How do i remove the front facia on the bumper? the manual says to replace the headlight assembly, remove the facia.. ok.... but how do you remove the facia?

Now, im not talking the headlight bulbs, but the whole assembly.

thanks.

jakehale

thank you for the link. that is what i had. under the section,, that is what i was talking about when it says to remove facia..... but it does not explain how to remove the facia,, and looking at it dont help much unless there are some screws under the fender..... and I know i dont have to remove the fender to remove the facia...

thanks for the help though...

ricebike
Car: 1989 240sx se 5spd (donated to my brother in law)
2002 Quest
2005 Altima

on that link, LT-27 and LT-28 simple enough once you figure out how to do step 1

Ei-13 you may have to do steps 1-9 only

------------------------------------------------------------

if you were in the central jersey area, i'll help you out since i'm temp out of a job now :P

PS: why don't you just use a headlight surface conditioner if your existing ones are just "foggy"??? just until you have a buddy go through with you on this process ???

jakehale

yeah,,, thats where i am at. How do you remove the facia? the diagram is not very clear unless there is a screw or something under the fender that i can not see.

thanks

ricebike
Car: 1989 240sx se 5spd (donated to my brother in law)
2002 Quest
2005 Altima

ya i hate seeing the diagrams vs not seeing the vehicle itself for reference...

ok page Ei-13... do you see the bolts #3 circled? i believe you'll have to crawl under and get them from the inside

that's the reasoning why they want you to PARTIALLY remove the fender protectors on step #3... to possibly access those bolts, 2 on each side...

and it's a given to get those 2 #8 clips on top of the fascia

can i has a cookie if i'm right?

ps: what a PITA (i would have propped the whole front end of the vehicle up by now and remove the front tires while cursing to get the front portions of the plastic fender protectors so i can get to those 4 bottom bolts just to remove the plastic fascia :inout: )
Last edited by ricebike on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamesgios99
Car: '69 CORVETTE STINGRAY
'07 FERRARI 612 F1
'67 FORD GT40
'11 INFINITI M56
'62 MASERATI 3500
'07 MERCEDES BENZ S63
'09 MERCEDES BENZ E550 4MATIC
'09 NISSAN GT-R
'64 PORSCHE 911
'08 PORSCHE PANAMERA

ricebike wrote:can i has a cookie if i'm right?
Cookies are not available at the moment. :whistle:

jakehale

ricebike wrote:ya i hate seeing the diagrams vs not seeing the vehicle itself for reference...

ok page Ei-13... do you see the bolts #3 circled? i believe you'll have to crawl under and get them from the inside

that's the reasoning why they want you to PARTIALLY remove the fender protectors on step #3... to possibly access those bolts, 2 on each side...

and it's a given to get those 2 #8 clips on top of the fascia

can i has a cookie if i'm right?

ps: what a PITA (i would have propped the whole front end of the vehicle up by now and remove the front tires while cursing to get the front portions of the plastic fender protectors so i can get to those 4 bottom bolts just to remove the plastic fascia :inout: )

ill give this a gander in the morning. I thought what it was showing were the screws, there are three, right there at the wheel well area on the bottom... and then all along the fron there are those plastic rivits.... Right above the circled 9.....the diagram shows just two lines....but where those lines are,,,, are under the fender.... i am hoping there are no fastners between the fender and the facia at that point..

thanks

markatwork

Mine were looking bad too. But, those assemblies are expensive.
So, last summer I had "Dr.Headlight", just google it, come out and refinish the headlights. Looks great, and for $149 w/lifetime warranty, can't beat it.

Mark
2004 Quest SE

jakehale

I got them in. came off ebay about 100 each. fit perfect and add about 95% more light on the road then i did have. the Facia was a pain. i dont think i got it all the way off, but removed it enought to get the headlights out.

thanks

Return to “Quest Forum”