'04 G35 Coupe headlight question

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
fatire_mtb
Car: 2004 G35 Coupe 5AT

I've been reading the posts regarding changing the existing lights out for the superbright LEDs, but I have a little bit different question.

Is it possible to replace the orange turn signal light that is in the headlight assembly?

That orange is just plain ugly. Thanks in advance!

b8248thct
Car: o4 g35 coupe

You can find clear corners on ebay i would not led,s in the headlight assembly they will burn out in a mounth or so it to hot in there. They will last pretty long in the clear courners thoe To get to the headlight assembly if its the left side put your e brake on turn your wheels all the way to the right jack up your carefully pop out all the black plastic pins and 3 screws that hold on the black plastic piece that is directly behind the headlights in the wheel well. After you do that you should be able to pull back the plastic and have axcess to the back of the headlights. I just changed my hids and foglights this weekend.

JeromeS13
Car: 2008 Subaru Impreza STI

He's talking about the blinker in the headlight housing. Yes, its possible. However, you need to take your headlights apart and dremel the orange lense out (its fixed in there). Once you do that, you can glue in some clear ones. Voila! You have clear blinkers. I'm actually doing that at THIS very moment.

This is actually the second time I've pulled my headlights apart. The first time is when I did the CCFL light strip mod. Below is a picture of what the headlights looked like before my second headlight mod.

-Jerome

b8248thct
Car: o4 g35 coupe

What kinda bulbs are you using for the top outside corners of your headlight are they just stained glass if i put leds anywear near the headlights they just burn out in a month or so.

Hookm36
Car: 2004 G35 coupe

Jerome - nice car by the way.......whst bulb did you use for the light strip inside the housing? If I use a 194 (same bulb as the side marker lights) will that last long ? My light strip looks extremely dull and I need to find a cheap easy way to fix it....any ideas ?

Thanks

JeromeS13
Car: 2008 Subaru Impreza STI

Its a CCFL light strip. There's a couple of DIYs floating around on another forum. So, now I've completed three different lighting mods; CCFL light strip mod, blacked out housing (painted to match), and clear blinker mod. Oh, and I went ahead and made it to where my blinker is only on when it blinks. It is no longer on with the headlights. :D

If you don't know where to find the DIYs, email me.

-Jerome

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”