03 Sentra SE-R Rims on Versa 5dr Hatch

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
primoo357
Car: Nissan Versa 2011 1.8 S

Hi All,

I wanted to know if any of you have had any experience with this? I actually got these 17" rims and put really nice Continental ContiPro contacts on here, got them balanced and aligned and the whole bit. The problem was that when it came time to put them on they would grind against the brake pad. So I had to get them removed. The shop was a pretty crappy one and did not have any spacers at that time. They mentioned that if I can just put on 3-5mm spacers, I should be good.

Would any of you guys advise against this from your experience in regards to safety. Also, what spacers should I get the plate or the washer type ones... I am not really that technical when it comes to cars lol.

The one thing is surprising was the offset and bolt pattern matched obviously and even the CB, so I was really pissed that the grinding happened. The grinding was really bad as I wasn't even able to move my car out of a parking spot.

Thanks in advance.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Spacers in general are safe. Getting super thick spacers can cause problems. I don't see that the Versa and Sentra wheels have the same offset. If your brakes grind against the ... wait, what do you mean your brake pads hit the wheel? Where? Do you mean the calipers or do you have pictures?

Anyway, welcome to NICO Club! I'm sorry they don't fit right away. If the guys looking at your car say spacers, then they're probably correct.

Ericlamb
Car: 2007 versa hatchback

I have exact same wheels on now. 5 mm wheel spacer at front to clear the brake carrier, nothing in the rear wheels. Ran them for 2 weeks, abit bumpy and get some time to get used to. All good~

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Brake carrier rub makes sense. Brake pads rub does not. Must be a terminology issue. Thanks for sharing the 5mm size Ericlamb (and welcome to NICO Club).

Basin Motorsports
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa S Hatchback

Search for my old build called Project:MEEP. I ran 5mm soacers on front and rear (rear just to match the fronts), but had the Spec-V wheels.

primoo357

Thank you all for your knowledge and input. Yes brake carrier rub haha. At least now I know I gotta order those spacers or go to a shop that carries it.

Much love!

primoo357

Thanks for all the input guys! I finally got the 5mm spacers this weekend and then got these wheels installed from a professional body shop. It looks and rides nice.

This is a question for Basin Motorsports, what torque should these wheels be set at? Follow the Versa specifications or the Sentra ones? Not sure about it. Thanks in advance

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”