03 Murano Acceleration issue and RPM fluctuates at highway speeds

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
03MuranoSK
Car: 2003 Nissan Murano SE AWD

Having issue with my '03 Murano. I was driving yesterday doing some errands and everything seemed fine, then basically on my way home I noticed when I tried to accelerate after coming to a stop it would be very sluggish... then finally 'kick' in... like what the others have posted about... the only difference is when I got up to highway speeds, roughly 60mph the RPM's would go from just over 1500 to about 2000, then back down and repeat after a bit... (no inclines/declines). So I stopped at a shop and they checked the codes and it stated the transmission needed replacing :ohno: BUT what didn't make sense to me was after stopping there, it didn't act up for the remaining 20 mile drive. Drove a little bit today and it seemed ok too. Any suggestions?

03MuranoSK
Car: 2003 Nissan Murano SE AWD

Had come across this on another thread... The problem was a stop switch that tells the transmission that the car has stopped and must resume movement in a lower range in the transmission. The switch was failing and the trans did not get the signal that I had stopped. Basically like starting in 4th gear from a dead stop.

This doesn’t answer what it was doing at highway speeds though...

Return to “Murano Forum”