03 m45 paint on roof coming out,please advise!!!!!

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
12master
Car: 2003 m45 white pearl

hello,I have a beautyful 2003 m45 with 71k miles,pearl white, but the paint on the roof is coming out, is the first time that I see this happening in a car so new and I'm wondering what's going on,can't believe that in a vehicle with only 3 yo the paint is peeling,I can see the primer,and if I take a credit card(x example), I can take the paint out like is just siting there,but is not glue to the primer. besides that the car is bulletproff,but I'm afraid now that the paint will start coming apart everywhwere!!!,,please advise me if this is a common ocurrence o I have a lemmon! thanks mark

WCCBaLLeR

First, no need to post the same question twice. I am guessing that you are parking the car outside in the sun all day. I lived in Ft Lauderdale for 20 years so i know how hard the salty, hot, humid heat can do to a paint job. If its out of warranty, take it to your local body shop and get a quote. Thats about all you can do.

Chad

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

This is very unusual to me! Infiniti generally uses very high-quality paint for sure, but I suppose that the sun and salt water can take its toll. I would echo the previous post ... if it is out of warranty, you have little recourse except to repaint.

I would check with the Infiniti dealer first though ... there may be some TSB that is relevant to your situation!

Z

Rex
Car: None

South FL and paint coming off a relatively new car makes me think some bird crap got left on for a few days. How many places are peeling?

qship96
Car: 1996 Q45

guess Consumers Reports were correct in this matter,as they rated paint a trouble area for this model

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”