03 g35 sedan hid headlights-replace or clean?

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
lojack44
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35S 6-speed sedan slate
2007 Infiniti G35S auto w/ paddle shifters black on black

I have the typical issues. Car headlights have hazing. I've taken them to be buffed several times, but they only look good for a short time, maybe a few weeks. I've heard the Meguiars PlastX works well, but I haven't tried it. I thought of replacing the headlights with some new aftermarkets, but all of the ones I see are for the halogen models and not the HID-equipped ones. If I can go with a cleaner where I have to reapply every few months then I'm good with that, plus I wouldn't be spending the costs of replacing them. But what headlights are good replacements?

Gilley

I have not seen any aftermarket HID headlight housings for the sedans. Seems OEM is the only option and they are expensive. It would cost less to buff them for several years.

KyuubisBlade
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT Sport,
1991 Nissan D21 4x4 King Cab

If you're handy, you can buy oem replacement assemblies and switch the inner reflector panel, however it will most likely require trimming plastic at some point. YouTube it, there's a few videos that walk through the whole process. I might end up doing this also at some point, then again I have a million other crazy ideas to throw my money at(customizing the D21, fog light HID conversion on the 'G, and an exhaust, andreplace the Bose speakers and head unit with something that doesn't always peak in the mids, moving)

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Plastix does OK but it still only lasts so long.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”