03 G35 outside/inside lights

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
whiteheart
Car: 03 Infiniti G35 Sedan manufactured in '02

I own an '03 G35 manufactured in 2002. I bought it in July 2002 and love it! Please help me figure out what is happening with my outside/inside lights. (1) Yesterday, after starting the car, I noticed a slight whurring sound and a mechanic friend said it sounds like an electrical noise and to take it to the dealer. (2) Today, I drove to the post office, then on returning, started my car. This time when I turned the outside lights on, the inside dashboard lights went off. When I turned off the outside lights, the inside dashboard lights went on! I tried all positions on the light handle in every combination. It still does this "either/or" behaviour.

What is going on here? Is there really something electrically wrong? Did the car wash people inadvertently turn some dials to cause no. (2) above? Help! Thanks

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

1. Where is the noise coming from?

2. When you say light handle, are you talking about the knob you turn on the turn signal stalk? If so, then also check the dimming switch position. I'll have to doublt check mine, but I think you can turn the light down all the way with the headlights on, but will come on to the daytime setting with the headlights off.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Sounds like an electrical glitch to me. I would have the dealer take a look at it.

whiteheart
Car: 03 Infiniti G35 Sedan manufactured in '02

Thanks, I'll try your advice for (2). Re (1) the loudest sound is near the steering wheel and dashboard; quieter sound outside (from where I don't know).

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

If your car is still under warranty, just have the dealer check out the noises. If not, it would be a matter of probing around and looking for the sound mostly.

And I did check the dimmer on mine at lunch in the parking structure today. You can turn the dash lights off when the headlights are on, but they will turn on with the headlights off.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”