03 6MT Sedan on 350z suspension: alignment data

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
vq35de
Car: G35 Sedan Leather 6MT

Finally had my car aligned following the Z suspension setup.

Initial results were: Front Camber: 1 degree neg. left; 1.125 degree right Front Toe: 6 mm toe inFront Caster: checked and in factory spec (nothing you can do about it anyway without a arms and stuff

Rear Camber: 2.25 degrees negative Rear Toe: 0 mm

I left the front camber alone, as there is no adjustment without a camber plate. I will bring the right wheel to -1.0 degree when I get a chance. Front toe was adjusted to 1 mm toe in

Rear Camber: I had both set to 2 degrees Rear Toe, I left alone

Factory Minimums: Front Camber: 0.5 degree negative Front Toe 0mm

Rear Camber: 1.05 degree negative Rear Toe: 0mm

Recommendations: Buy a camber kit (1 degree adjustable should be fine) for the fronts. We played around with the rear camber adjustment and you CAN get it into factory spec if you want to with the factory cam bolts.

I will let you know how my zero toe settings affect rear tire wear, (I should wear noticeably faster but have more grip off the line to make up for the increased negative camber.)

Any of you Arizonans familiar with the salt river canyon; I can do 85 plus around the 30 mph curves in the rain with this setup. My tires are F1 GS-D3's 225.55.17.

The alignment rack was all analog w/ laser sights and very accurate with this particular tech. Air pressures were at 48 psi all the way around, full tank of gas, spare and tools in place. My camber should be around 1.5 degrees negative on race day.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”