03 3.5SE P0011 code

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
Kompresshun
Administrator
Car: 2020 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4, 2017 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCab 3.5L Ecoboost/10AT, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder SE Offroad 5AT

I'm in a bit of a dilemma... I have replaced both cam position sensors and the crank sensor on my Altima(2003 with a 3.5L V6) with new aftermarket sensors. It was throwing a P0011 code, which is timing over advanced or system performance on Bank 1(rear bank, near firewall). The car runs fine, but hesitates while passing or at full throttle after it gets warm. No noises are present that would make me think that the timing tensioners are bad. It feels like a sensor issue, or a bad coil pack(no codes for a cylinder misfire though...).

So with that out of the way, i've been told by a former Nissan technician that I shouldn't have replaced the sensors with aftermarket, I should have used an OEM one instead. He said in his experience the aftermarket sensors never work. Obviously the OEM sensor costs a lot more, but i'm leaning towards buying one because it does make sense. Especially since Nissan's are pretty finicky about ignition coils too. Am I wasting my money though? I likely will not be able to return the sensor once I install it since it's OEM. Thoughts?

VVT solenoids being clogged are also a possibility and on the list, but I'm not sure that's the problem either.

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”