'02 QX4 - Need recommendation on Seat Lowering Brackets - Driver's Side

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
acree386

I bought a white/tan 2002 QX4 a month ago with 128k miles on it for a daily beater. I've already replaced the shocks on it and am about to pull the trigger on poly bushings for the front and rear suspension from 4x4parts. I absolutely love this thing except for one problem: my head keeps brushing the headliner. I'm 6'2" and even with the seat all the way down, I hit the headliner sometimes.

I'm looking for aftermarket brackets that will allow me to lower the seat. Does anyone know of any vendors with such a product or even another fix for this? I can't be the only one.

Thank you in advance.

Andrew

barnaclebob
Car: 2001 Pathfinder LE
2011 Altima SR

I'd be surprised if such a thing existed. I think your best bet would be a custom seat cushion thats thinner then the stock one. I'm 6"1 and fit fine in my pathfinder are you sure your seat goes all the way down?

acree386

barnaclebob wrote:I'd be surprised if such a thing existed. I think your best bet would be a custom seat cushion thats thinner then the stock one. I'm 6"1 and fit fine in my pathfinder are you sure your seat goes all the way down?
I'm not quite sure that would work well since I'm planning on taking this thing on road trips. I might be able to build a custom bracket for a 350Z seat or something...

I hate the bolstering (or lack thereof)

secondnissan
Car: 2001 Infinit QX4

Hey Andrew!
I suffer the same issue, and I thought my head banging days were over, in the 90's. :D
Were you able to find a suitable solution?

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”