02 QX4 need DRLs

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
RastB
Car: 2002 Infiniti QX4

I've never had a car before that didn't have the ability to turn on the "parking" lights without having to turn on the HL. Seems Canadian version of QX4 had daytime running lights but not the US version. I'd be happy to just be able to turn on the amber turn signals in the fog lamps and still have them function as turn signals, anyone ever done this? Barring that I'd settle for some quality amber lights that the cops wouldn't harass me about, any ideas? This rig is black and had someone not see me and pull out in front of me today. I'd turn on the HIDs but I do a lot of short trips and would like to replace them as infrequently as possible. Thanks

Fosty
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4 2WD

You could swap your HIDs out for LEDs.
https://www.fuzedled.com/products/d1-d2 ... dcb6&_ss=r

EDIT: There might also be a way to rewire things to turn your fog lights on without requiring your headlights to be on first. I've wondered this myself, but haven't looked into it.

EDIT 2: I recently did the LED conversion, so if you do want to go that route and have any questions, just ask.

RastB

Fosty wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:42 pm

EDIT: There might also be a way to rewire things to turn your fog lights on without requiring your headlights to be on first. I've wondered this myself, but haven't looked into it.

EDIT 2: I recently did the LED conversion, so if you do want to go that route and have any questions, just ask.
Well I hadn't considered that because the HIDs are pretty good and my vision "ain't" ;). Is the light quality pretty good compared to the HIDs? Thanks

Fosty
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4 2WD

RastB wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:59 pm
Fosty wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:42 pm

Well I hadn't considered that because the HIDs are pretty good and my vision "ain't" ;). Is the light quality pretty good compared to the HIDs? Thanks
I didn't do a scientific side by side comparison, but the LEDs are definitely equal if not better than the HID.
I swapped mine out because the HIDs kept turning off.

I did have to cut part of the HID cable out though, because I was too dumb/lazy to remove it properly.

I've been meaning to make a video to demonstrate how it's done. I wanted to do it during the install but it was really cold out at the time.

RastB

My left HL was on/off and I swear it fixed when I did the ex/cats, which involved cleaning the contact for the main ground cable. Ok i'll consider the led option, tho I'd also settle for being able to turn on my fogs without the HL's? Legal? Probably not lol

Mike W.
Car: 2003 Infiniti QX4 with a drinking problem. Gas and oil.
2002 BMW 525it
1998 BMW 328is

Are you sure about the lack of a parking light function? Granted I don't know that I've tested it on my '03 Q, but I think I have and the owners manual for the '03 says it does.
Attachments
QXlightswitch.jpg

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”