02 Q45 Driver's Seat Removal Question

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
djwarner
Car: 1971 240Z Series I
2006 350Z

My driver's seat slide actuator miscounts revolutions on the slide axis, but I don't know if its miscounting going forward or reverse. It screws up the autopositioning feature. So I am going to pull the seat and disassemble the actuator.

Reading the FSM, it says to remove both battery cables first (a safety first for idiots step). Later it has you move the seat forward or back to gain access to the mounting bolts. Then later it says to remove the negative cable.

Considering the seat has side airbags, is it really necessary to disconnect the battery before disconnecting the wire harness?

Once I get it back together, will I have to do anything other than run the seat full forward and full back to reset the position count?

Any other hints appreciated.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Honestly I wouldnt be too concerned about the airbags going out, but unplugging the battery is probably the best way to be sure you dont make an expensive mistake..

but yeah, I would probably do it your way, undo the 4 bolts holding it onto the floor, get it ready to come out and then unplug the battery.

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”